My first impression is that he comes across as an honest leader who will serve with the best interests of the country, and the world, from the depths of his heart, unlike the other politicians running who seem to be vying for absolute power and control that POTUS has (I'm looking at you, Trump). Perhaps I'm thinking too greatly of him, but he what he says about America, being the only country in the world powerful enough to change and better it, sounds promising.
Reading the comments section of an article Rubio's mentioned in surprises me. It seems that the consensus of this man is of disapproval. They say he's too detached from American history, culture and values that having him in power would worsen and reduce domestic policy as he's too focused on foreign policy. Some say his efforts to 'change the world' would only exacerbate issues and that the country's much better off not sticking their noses into worldwide affairs.
While I do share some of their concerns, especially since America is a huge country and more focus has to be put into solving domestic problems first before moving on to issues of a grander scale, I still think that the hate he receives is unwarranted as he's a genuinely good human being. We need more people like him in politics serving from the heart and not with their bank accounts in mind. His chances of winning the election may be slim, but at least a person like him works for the government.
No comments:
Post a Comment