Wednesday, August 22, 2018

University

Upon looking back on the goals I had at the beginning of JC and seeing how I've accomplished my goals to a very large degree, I think it's important for me to set a general direction of where I want to head towards in university. I want to be able to achieve something for myself in this new stage of life as well as track how different my goals are compared to the ones I had in JC. I shall keep this short and vague.

1) Developing a high level of sophistication in the way I think, write, read, and speak. Gaining as much knowledge as possible and expanding my worldview.

2) Developing new skills that'll make me employable globally. The university as a ticket to leaving Singapore. Going out of my comfort zone and doing things that scare me initially because once you overcome that fear, you gain confidence and, slowly, you push the limits of yourself outwards, seeing beyond what you are and seeing what you can become. 

3) Meeting a wide range of people from different backgrounds; like-minded people.

The main idea is that I want to be more global-centric. To be a global citizen, to be adaptable, to be professional. Looking for internship opportunities, perhaps working towards graduate school, doing and learning new things that'll help me be competitive globally. 

Of course, having good grades is always good. I'm going to work harder this time, I'm tired of being a bad student. Good grades also give you more opportunities.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment