Thursday, December 12, 2013

What's been happening/Thoughts

Since they've been separated, there will be a lot of things to get used to. It's almost become an instinct for me, whenever a year or date comes up, I think "wow, they've been together since before this and that happened.", but I can't do it anymore, unfortunately.

I remember last year when I heard news of them taking a break, I remember getting sad and crying even, but when I woke up this morning and heard of the separation, I didn't cry. Sure, I was saddened, but I didn't break down. Is it because I'm a lot tougher as a person? Or maybe it's because I knew the inevitable was about to happen a few weeks ago. Who knows?

Well, I know for sure that I'll continue treating her as a big sister. I'll miss seeing her often though. If they get back together that'll be a bonus, but the separation doesn't mean she's being separated from me. 

                                                           This is what's left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing on my mind is how people look up to others.

If one admires and envies another, or even goes to the extreme of idolising another, isn't that a bit weird? It depends on the relationship though, take for instance a friendship: it's not wrong to admire your friends but there is a limit. It's weird how some would admire their friends as if they were some sort of god. I can't really put my finger on why it's weird, but it is.

If it's a family member then I guess it's okay.

I guess it's fine to idolise someone, as long as it doesn't affect how you live. It's pretty crazy if you spend a lot of your time trying to be somebody else.

I don't know, I think I'm talking way off topic here. I'm not so sure if there's a difference between idolising someone and pretending to be someone. But if you idolise someone, wouldn't you try to be the person? Actually, I just realised that it's different. You don't see a lot of people trying to become god, right? Haha.

Anyway, here's some pictures from Thanksgiving.



My mom took these pictures. They're kind of lame though, it's just pictures of my brother and I in the kitchen. He made latkes that day, which gave me high blood pressure, and it was so good since he was generous with the salt--probably the reason why it gave me high blood pressure. I helped, I got him the girly cocktail drink, played music for him and kept him company, something I wouldn't be able to do in the future. I didn't manage to take a picture of the whole turkey but it was HUGE! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment